Ocean Pour Painting Oyster Shell Jewelry Dish
If you love acrylic pour painting try creating this ocean pour paint oyster shell jewelry dish.
When I was a child I loved painting on seashell with my mom. My favorite was when my mom would paint these cute snows flakes on the inside of a seashell. Her Christmas tree was filled with them and we always loved to see what she would create.
Here is another post that on painting oyster shells in gold.
What is pour painting
Pour painting is know as acrylic flow painting. A method created using paint to pour on a surface to create a flowing design. There are many different kinds of techniques for flowing patterns and in todays post I am using ocean pour painting.
Why You Will Love These Ocean Pour PAinting
- Fun to make.
- Your table will look amazing.
- Great way to keep jewelry secure.
- A great gift idea.
Supplies To Make ocean Pour Paint Oyster Shell
- Oyster shell: I used 3 large oyster shells.
- Blues & white paint: For the ocean I used 2 shades of blue and a little white to make the foam. Amazon has a kit with everything you need to make the ocean pour painting technique. I didn’t use it but thought it be a good idea for beginners.
- Gold paint: I use this on the edges of the oyster shell
How To Make The Jewelry Dish
- Clean the oyster and let dry
2. Paint the inner part of the ostyer shell with white acrylic paint.
3. After the white paint dries prepare the blue paint in a small cup. Add enough blue paint to cover 1/3 of the cup, add same of Floetron and pour oil. these ingredient will make the paint easy to flow.
4. In a separate cup do the same with the other shade of blue and white paint.
5. To achieve the ocean pour painting technique. Pour all the paints starting with the blue, then white and blue again into the oyster shell. Swirl around letting the paint drip into another container. I used a paper plate. That way I can throw them out and use a clean one for another color.
You can control the design by the way you tilt the oyster shell.
Let it dry for 24 to 48 hours.
Painting the edges. With a squared artist brush paint the edges carefully.
Pour painting is my new favorite thing. There are so many ways to create designs.
What are the best paints to use For Pour Paint.
Acrylic paints are the best to use because they provide great coverage. They sell fluid acrylic paints which has a thinner consistency than regular acrylic paint. But you can use regular acrylic paint that you have in stock and thin the paint with Floetrol and pour oil.
What happens when you use oil based paint? You can use oil based paint to pour paint. Its a bit tough to get it to a consistency to pour but it can be done. Its much better to use acyclic paints. Never pour them together. When mixing the oil paint add the floetrol to the paint and that should make it much more easy to pour.
For Similar Posts:
How To Make A Gold Painted Oyster Shell Keychain
How To Paint Oyster Shells Gold Perfect For Party Decor
How To Make A Wooden Bead Garland With Oyster Shell
That’s lovely, Maria. I’ve been wanting to try a pour for the longest time but the mess on large pieces always puts me off. I’m already too messy when it comes to crafting, but this I’ll definitely try.
Love how the technique turned out on your oyster shells Maria! So beachy!