Want to create painted pine cone crafts perfect for all seasons. Then this is the perfect project for you. I have loved pinecones since I can remember. My mom used to collect them and make these gorgeous pine cone wreaths for the holidays. She had them everywhere in our home.
I have followed the tradition and I have them everywhere in my home. Lately, I have been searching for different ways to decorate with them.
I’m lucky that I have so many pine trees around my house, but if pine-cones aren’t in your area, go to your local craft store.
The plan is to paint them three different pastels colors pink, green and blue.
What to Do:
1. Use five or six different sizes, not too big so that you can dip them in the paint.
2. Buy paint that has the primer mixed in . It will save you a step, so you don’t have to spray them first with primer.
3. Dip the pine cone into the paint using either a pair of kitchen prongs or tie a very thin floral wire around the pine cone and keep a long piece to pull it out of the paint. Let drip for a few minutes.
4. Once it stops dripping put it into a big cup, take a small artist brush, paint the body in areas that have not quite been covered. Keep it in the cup and place in a cool spot to dry.
5. Once it has dried clip off the wire. I’m a little messy.
I was so excited to see the final product! TIP: Make sure you let the pinecones drip much of the paint into the cup, otherwise you can get patches of thick semi-dry paint. I learned that the hard way!
Painted Pinecones Branches
Another fun painted pine cone ideas are fallen branches that have pinecones on them and spray paint them white for a natural table setting.
More DIY pine cone ideas. Simple Pine cone Wreath
For more pine cone ideas see Sustain My Craft Habit pretty painted pine cone flowers.