Here is a fun treat for your kids during the Thanksgiving meal. Learn to make this printable Thanksgiving placemat for kids that they can use for coloring.
October Pinterst Challenge:
The purpose of the Pinterest Challenge is to motivate us to not just pin, but to create. This month’s challenge is all about Thanksgiving projects and recipes. I added some leaves, acorns, and pumpkins such as clip art I found on Canva.
Steps To Make Thanksgiving Printable Placemat:
There are a few ways to make your own Thanksgiving printable placemat.
- Clip art
- Drawing your own images
I am going to show you both ways for creating these printable placemats.
How To Make Your Own Art Work For Printable:
Let’s talk about how you can make your own artwork. You don’t have to be an artist. Here is what you need to get started:
Find a clip art you like and draw your own version of the clip art. You could trace it but to keep it genuine, make your own.
- Printing paper
- Fine point black marker
- Painters Tape
- Draw a few sketches until you find something you like. It took me three rough sketches to get the turkey right. For this printable, I position the turkey in the middle and the other images such as leaves and acorns would be clip art from Canva.
- Take the one sketch you like and tape it to the window which will serve as a light box.
3. Place another printer paper on top and this time you are going to trace your image with the black marker to make the image darker for scanning.
4. Once you like what you see, remove the paper and take it to be scanned at a print shop or scan it yourself. The image needs to be scanned to your email at least 300 DPI or higher. Make sure its created as a JPG
5. Once you have the jpg you can use this image in Canva which is the next step.
How To Make The printable Placemat With Canva:
- Canvas is my favorite editing tool. For a low monthly fee you get a ton of images and templates.
- Open up your Canva and click on create a design of 8 by 10 which is the perfect size for a placemat. Click on upload the image that you scanned and position the image in the middle so you have room to place the other clipart.
- Click on elements and pick out clipart you like. I picked acorns, leaves, and pumpkins. Position them around your main image.
- Save it to your computer and now you have placemat you can print out for your kids.
Here is a printable For Thanksgiving you can color for your kids.
Stop by below and visiting other bloggers for more Thanksgiving Ideas.
My Pinterventures • Sunflower Paper Crafts
Farm Girl Reformed • Slices of Life • Sew Crafty Crochet
My Humble Home and Garden • Purple Hues and Me
Life Beyond Kitchen • Mom Home Guide
Our Good Life • Love My Little Cottage • Simple Nature Decor