Summer is flying by and before you know it Autumn will be here. So here is a cute autumn theme reading printable log for your child to get him motivated to read.
When my kids were small we didn’t have printables but coloring books, so I found coloring books with words on them to get them into reading.
Now that I am blessed with grand kids I am having so much fun creating printables for them to learn from.
The next time you want to get your kids motivated for fall reading print this one out.
For more theme printable ideas for your child try this Sea Creature printable,
What Is Printable Reading Log
Its a free printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension with your child. There are a number of things reading printables can do to improve your child’s reading comprehension.
The reading printable in the post is a log where you can reward them to read something. Every time they read a book for 15 to 20 minutes you have them color their favorite autumn image and once they fill three images they get free stickers.
Why Is Printable Reading Log Good
- Improves cognitive ability.
- It’s fun activity for learning to read.
- Great for building up vocabulary.
- It motivates then to read.
Supplies For Making Reading Activity Fun
- Reading printable log: (For free printable follow instructions)
- Crayons : Any crayons colors.
- Stickers: My grand kids love dinosaurs and sharks.
- Books : Since my grand kids are going to school at the end of August they have some required reading to do. My daughter liked this idea of using these printables logs as a form of motivation.
How To Keep your Printable REading Log Organized
- Use a canon wireless printer that can print both color and black & white.
- When my kids come and visit me I keep all theirs reading printables in a folders marked for reading log/printables
- To keep things organized I have all the folders in a plastic bin.
What are Other Types Of Reading Printables
- 1st grade: Letter Quiz: Match upper and lower case letters.
- 2nd grade:Word Search: Have a themed word search like, sea creatures, farm animals or nature.
- 3rd grade: 30 Day Reading Challenge: Using fun printables with recipes, songs or poems.
- 4th grade: Reading log: Motivate the reader by having them rate the book.
Join us for our monthly printable blog hop. There are so many wonderful printables you will enjoy. Thanks to Heather from Homemade Heather for organizing this.
- Back to School I Spy – Homemade Heather
- Gift Card Holder – The Girl Creative
- Back to School Notebook Cover – Creatively Beth
- First Day of School Signs – Smiling Colors
- Back to School Book Tags – Try It Like It
- Activity Page – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- School Lunch Box Notes – Tried & True
- Grade Tags – Me & My Inklings
- Homeschool Weekly Planner – A Hundred Affections
- Back to School Color By Number – Persia Lou
- Teacher Gift Tags – Our Crafty Mom
- Autumn Theme Reading Printables – Simple Nature Decor
- Hand Lettered Quotes for Back to School – Lemon Thistle