Have any old trays that are gathering dust. Create this beautiful seashell DIY serving tray. It can be used for any occasion. I am joining up with Katherine’s Corner Valentine serving tray blog hop. Stop by at the end of this post to see everyones pretty trays.
PIN THIS FOR LATER
Seashells DIY Serving TRay
I love the beach and spending time picking seashells. Throughout the years I have collected lots of them.
If you don’t have the sea close by you can purchase seashells online through Amazon.
Since Valentine Day is around the corner I added a cute beach sign and printed xoxo on a mug to make a beach inspired Valentine tray.
Here is another seashell craft you can create. How To Make A Seashell Wreath For Perfect Coastal Charm.
What Are The best Seashells to use
Scallops and clam shapes are perfect to use for this wooden serving tray. They lay flat on the tray. Scallops come in all sorts of colors. Clams are basically one color of either beige or grey tones. Both these style can blend well together.
How To Use your Seashell DIY Serving Tray
- You can keep on your counter for a coastal decor.
- Decorate it with other pretty cups and plates.
- Use it at a party to carry appetizers.
- Surprise a friend and give it as a gift.
- Wooden Serving Tray. You can use old tray instead of purchasing a new one.
- Seashells (Scallops and clams)
- Gorilla Glue: Since the tray will be kept inside I used gorilla glue stick.
How To Make Seashell DIY Serving TRay
- Clean the surface of the tray, so the glue you use for seashell sticks well. Pick out all the seashells you want to use for design and decide where to glue them. I loved the color of the tray which is a slate blue. Adding the seashell to the outer edge of the tray will leave room for the color to shine though.
2. Glue them on the tray. Make sure the round edge of the seashell is on-top.
After you have glued all the seashells. Let it dry for a few hours before using it.
Which Are The Best Glues To USe For Seashells.
There are many types of glues you can use for seashells.
E6000: If you are planning on putting the tray outside for long periods of time E6000 glue is the best.
Beacon seashell glue: Another great glue but pricey for a small bottle.
Since Valentines day is around the corner I added a printable ” Love You To The Beach And Back” By subscribing to my blog you can get this and also get access to all my printables.
For the XOXO I used vinyl sheet and printed them with a Cricut maker.
Below are other Valentine tray they are all so pretty. Stop by My Home For All the Seasons and start there to see all the pretty trays.