Last Updated on April 14, 2022 by Maria Brittis
Jazz your back yard with stylish outdoor lighting ideas that you will love. Check out 20 outdoor lighting ideas for your back yard ambiance.
Types of Outdoor Lighting Ideas
Lighting is important for your outdoor space. It provides ambiance and security for your home. When we are designing my home, lighting was carefully planned with our builder. Check out the different types of lights.
Solar: Outdoor lighting draws the energy it needs from sunlight to make the lights operate.
Outdoor Flood Lights: Are high-intensity outdoor lights designed light for large areas. Often used as a security measure and feelings of safety.
Outdoor Wall Lights: These are accent lights and use low-wattage bulbs.
Landscape Lighting: It’s great to highlight landscape.
For inspiration here are some 20 amazing outdoor lighting ideas created by these talented bloggers.
- It’s important to me to make my backyard space memorable for both my family and guests. I installed solar lights around the space where its further away from my home. Its inexpensive way to add lighting without breaking the bank. Solar path lights are a smart option, and stylish too. Consider adding them to hard-to-reach areas, where it would normally be costly to add traditional landscape lights.
2. Ambiance is everything for family gathering. I love how Wendy from H2O Bungalow decorated her back yard . She decorates her patio space with string lights. She has an amazing tutorial on how to install them.
3. I love these glowing Orb landscape lights. Karen from The Art of Doing Stuff shows how you can create these pretty inexpensively.
4. I love exploring for treasure on the land. Angie (Post Cards From The Ridge) found old glass pieces by the creek and made these solar powered sea glass mason jars. The sea glass shimmers inside the mason jar.
5. For a beautiful place to have a party create outdoor patio and privacy space with dollar store whiskey barrels. Check out the complete DIY at Southern Crush At Home.
6. Navage Patch has the most beautiful outdoor projects. In love with their Mason Jar chandelier. What magical night having this chandelier hanging over dinner.
7. For last minute lighting ideas for a party I hung string lighting by attaching it to two trees. It’s great for night time parties and gatherings at the table. Nighttime is a relaxing time and I guarantee people won’t want to leave
8. I love the idea of using rope lighting to provide a nice lighting effect to your deck. It’s a great look for evening gathering. The Handy Man’s Daughter tutorials is very easy to follow.
9. I love how Laura from Inspiration For Moms created this little oasis in her back yard. She hung a hammock and decorated with string lights and lanterns. What a beautiful place to relax and read a book or hang together with a loved one.
10. Building pergola is no easy job. But Erin from Practical Whimsy Designs makes it look easy with her step by step instructions. I loved this design because there is plenty of room to hang lights and lots of lanterns. Great Job!
11. Here is a great way to brighten your deck using solar deck lights. What I love about this tutorial is that she installed them going down the stairs. Great safety feature. To see more check out Craftivity Designs
12. Kim (From Farm To Florida) was looking for something to jazz her front porch. Her choice of solar lantern wall lights was a great pick. These lights can be hung like lantern or placed in your yard. I love how they added some warmth to her landscape.
13. Artsy Pretty Plants has so many beautiful outdoor light ideas. Her privacy screen using twigs and fairy lights is genius .
14. Here is a perfect way to decorate you patio with this DIY twig lights stand.
15. Illuminate your outdoor space with DIY Wine Bottle Lights (Solar)
16: Gail from MyRepurposed Life has so many great ideas for outdoor solar lights. She used a old glass globe and made this pretty hanging glass solar hanging light.
17: Another idea Gail used was using solar lights, hanging prisms and a Dollar Store basket. She created this beautiful lighting fixture that sparkles outside.
18: Nothing more beautiful than a outdoor chandelier with solar lights that glimmer at night, During the day its a planter with lovely plants. See it here at My Crafty Mom.
19: Roxanne created this beautiful string lights using large garden pots. It’s a brilliant idea. To see this well thought out tutorial check out here at her blog My Honey Comb Home.
20: Susan from Momcrieff creates another lovely landscape ideas using solar lights to highlight flowers in your backyard. Always a favorite of mine.
For Similar Posts