How To Make A Driftwood WReath In Easy Steps
I am super excited about the warm weather. I have been combing the beaches looking for driftwood pieces. I found enough to make a simple driftwood wreath. I love how it tuned out and I think its perfect for all year round.
PIN THIS FOR LATER
When I was designing this wreath I was trying to see what would be the easiest and most sturdy way to make this driftwood wreath. I picked a grapevine wreath. The natural elements of the grapevine with the driftwood pieces go well together.
Here is another driftwood post that you will love. Driftwood candle is very fun and easy to make.
What is The Best Driftwood To USe
The best driftwood to use are pieces that you find on the beach. rivers and lakes. They come in different shapes. If you don’t have the water close by you can order them on Amazon. Get anywhere from 2 3 or 4 inches long for driftwood.
Why You Will Love Your Driftwood Wreath
- The natural elements of driftwood is beautiful.
- They make your door or wall look pretty.
- It will add coastal charm to your home.
Supplies To Make Driftwood Wreath
- Driftwood: I used the 2,3 or 4 inch pieces.
- Grapevine wreath: I used a 18 inches wreath size
- Burlap ribbon: wide burlap ribbon is the best to use.
How To Make Driftwood Wreath
- Pick out your driftwood pieces that you want to use on the wreath. I layed the ones I picked on the wreath so I knew how they would look on the wreath before I glued them. Then I started gluing the driftwood pieces. I start with gluing 2 pieces along side each other.
2. Add a third row of driftwood.
Look at the driftwood wreath and add any driftwood on spots you feel need to be covered. I added some on the side to cover some of the grapevine. It’s ok if some of the grapevine is showing. Add some unusual shape pieces of driftwood on top of the driftwood.
I love these unusual pieces I found on the beach so pretty.
Making the bow for the wreath. I measured 12 inches burlap on each side. A total of 30 inches. I needed 6 more inches to make up for the bow side.
To make a bow tie a just like you were tieing your shoes.
Attach the bow to the top of the wreath with a little star fish to top it off.
Pin This For Later
For Similar Posts:
How To Make A Driftwood Cross For Easter
How To Make a Driftwood Wind Chime
How To Make A Driftwood Christmas Tree Craft
Lovely! The fun is in the gathering 🙂
Thanks so much Friend.
Would love to find driftwood when walking on the beach.
Best time to find driftwood is when the tide is high.
I wish I had some driftwood to make this gorgeous wreath. I guess I will be going to the beach today.
The best time to find driftwood is when the tide is high.
This is so pretty and perfect to remember the beach!
Thanks so much
You had me at driftwood. Your wreath is perfect, I love to collect driftwood.