Now that spring is heading our way, consider giving your bedroom a mini makeover. A new theme can welcome warm weather with comfortable night sleep. I love the beach and a coastal theme is perfect. There are so many ways to make your bed more coastal and comfortable. Here are 5 ways
- Change your winter sheets to 5-star hotel bedding. I always sleep like a baby when I stay at a luxury hotel. I love the layered bedding that they create. You can do the same by getting luxury sheets. The best sheets are the ones with a high cotton count and wrinkle free is an added bonus.
Living by the water I love sleeping with the windows open during the Spring months so I can breathe the fresh the sea air and listen to the sounds of the water.
2. There is nothing like a big fluffy pillow to make you feel like royalty in your own home. Adding a lot of them to your bed decor creates a fresh and clean look. Pick a pillow that is durable and too hard.
3. I love adding blues it’s the quintessential coastal color for decorating. It is as peaceful as it gets. The relaxing blue and white palette create a spa-like feel to the room. That’s why I choose pretty blue and white stripped duvet cover its perfect for a nautical feel. We all love the beach and laying in this bed and with this vibe, you will feel it.
4. Add some nature accents such as a coral, some green plants and a nautical landscape to set the stage for spring.
5. If you don’t have the water close by setting up your alarm to the sounds of nature such as the waves splashing against the shoreline or the seagull’s calls. So when you wake up you will have a smile on your face.
5. Treat yourself to breakfast and a good book in bed.
In the end, the true testimony of this lovely bedroom was when my son woke up the next day he said that it was the best sleep he ever got. The sheets, pillows, and comforter were like night and day to what he had before. Spring is already here he said. He said he felt like he was on vacation at a beach resort, well he is right. Living by the water does make you feel you are living at a beach resort.
For more coastal bedroom ideas check to Sustain My Craft Habit
Disclosure: This post has been compensated by Wayfair. All opinions are mine alone.