If you love apple cake, then you are in for a treat. Learn how to make my mom’s apple cake recipe with all her secrets.
Mom’s Apple Cake Recipe
My mom made the best apple cake. We all got so excited when she did. The key to her recipe was using whole wheat flour. It always came out moist and so much more flavor than white flour.
I am super excited to share this recipe and all the tips I learned from my mom greatest apple cake recipe.
- 3 peeled apples (cut into large pieces)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (you can use white but not as flavorful)
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix the flour, sugar salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamin in a large bowl.
- In another bowl beat the sugar and eggs.
- Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture.
- Peel the apples and cut in large pieces.
- Fold them into the cake batter, along with the nuts id you desire.
- Grease the bundt cake pan.
- Pour apple cake batter into the pan.
Set oven to 325 degree bake for 1 hour
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 33gProtein: 9g
Tips to Apple Cake Recipe
After watching my mom make the recipe so many times. I memorized all the secrets. If you feel that adding white flour and granulated sugar is what you like than go ahead and use these ingredients. For granulated sugar use 1 cup. The cake will taste sweeter.
- Cut the apples in chunks. You will see how the apple chunks in the slice made each bite so good.
- Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour. So much more flavorful than white flour and better for you.
- She only used brown sugar because the granulated sugar made it more sweet and she liked it better with out the added sugar. I agree with her, I tried both ways and the one without granulated tasted so much lighter and not so sweet.
- Even though you may not live on a apple farm like I have. The key ingredient to this recipe is fresh apples. If you can buy your apples at a farmers market it would be wonderful. If not the recipe will still taste delicious. I truly believed the fresh apples made the cake even more delicious.