Sea glass candle holder is super easy to make and your home will love it. This is a charming candle holder that can light up your space with pretty seas glass colors.
When I was a child I loved looking for seas glass at the beaches. It’s not easy to find but if you search closely you can find some.
The next time you want to make a a candle holder try making a sea glass candle holder
Here is another post that that can teach you how to make drifty wood candle holder.
WHAT IS Sea Glass
Sea glass is broken glass that has been tumbled by the sea to form round edges and can be found by the beach. There is beach glass that are found by the beaches of fresh water near river and sounds. Seas glass takes about 20 to 30 years to form those round edges and colors are translucent. Where as beach glass is darker in color and less rounded.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE Sea Glass Candle Holder
- It will make your table look coastal.
- The sea glass is lovely is to watch.
- It’s very easy to make.
SUPPLIES: Sea Glass Candle Holder
- Sea Glass I used pastel shades of blue, green and yellow.
- Glass candle holder: I had some glass holder left from my daughter’s wedding..
- E7000 Glue . Is the best for glueing on glass.
- Candle: Any color candle will do.
Steps:Sea Glass Candle Holder.
- Pick out pieces you want to use on the candle holder.
2. Lay out the pieces on a cloth.
3. Spread a thing line of E6000 glue on each piece of sea glass.
4. Place on the glass. Place a few pieces of glass on the candle holder and let dry for 15 minutes lying the glass candle holder on a soft towel.
Where To Find Sea Glass
You can find sea glass around the river banks at your favorite beach. Depending where you live will determine how many sea glass you will find. Here are some areas that have lots of beach glass. Fort Bragg, California Cape Hatterias, North Carolina, Hilton Head, South Carolina. I live in Hilton Head Island and its been very hard to find some. I have seen a few pieces but not many. The key is to look after a storm when its low tide by rocks.
Basically any shore line there is a chance to find seas glass. The biggest source of seas glass are these beaches here where you will find hundreds of sea glass on the beaches. Bermuda, Fort Bragg, California, Benicia, California, North Carolina beaches, Scotland, northwest England, Mexico, Hawaii, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Nova Scotia, Australia, Italy and southern Spain are famous.
Where To Buy Seas Glass
The biggest source for buying seas glass is Amazon.
I am sharing This post with the Sustainable Craft Challenge hosted by Julie. The theme is crafts with a nature theme. Stop by and check these fun and unique projects.
- Sum of their Stories (Upcycled Yogurt Bottles
- Purple Hues and Me (Eco Friendly Wreath)
- Vicky Myers Creations (Cyanotype Art)
- Sew Crafty Crochet (Flower Scarf)
- Our Good Life (Press Flower Lantern)
- Christine’s Crafts (Flower Pounding On Paper)
- Decor Craft Design (DIY Fall Sign Gold Dried Leaves)
- Treasures Made From Yarn (Upcycled Project Bag)