I would like to thank Ancient Nutrition for sponsoring this recipe.
Charge your skin by sipping on this Banana Berry Collagen Smoothie. That’s why I created this tasty collagen smoothie. This healthy drink recipe is a wonderful way nourish your skin and keep it glowing. Discover how to make this delicious smoothie so you can enjoy anytime of the day.
BANANA BERRY COLLAGEN SMOOTHIE
Lately I have been enjoying a smoothie every day as a way to keep my body healthy inside and out. The fruit inside the smoothie is loaded with vitamin C and E which is a good way to detox your body and the collagen added helps nourish the skin cells.
Being a women over 50 the important factor is that the ingredients are low in sugar and high in protein which gives me that extra energy I need on a daily basis.
Have you ever felt bored on what to eat for breakfast lunch or even dinner. The banana berry collagen can be a replacement meal. It’s made with freshest bananas and berries. For that added benefit of the Multi Collagen Protein makes it nutritious and taste so good you will want it every day.
WHAT IS Collagen
Collagen is a protein in the human body making almost 30 % of all the protein in the body.
It is found in our skin, ligaments, tendon cartilage and bone. Its a fiber like structure that helps make our connective tissue, but as we age our natural collagen production begins to decline. Many experts believe that collagen product such as Multi Collagen Protein help replenish the body of the collagen it looses. This is why I love adding it into my smoothies.
Smoothie Ingredients and Benefits For Skin.
Lets talk about the benefits of the ingredients used to make this healthy smoothie.
- Multi Collagen Protein: Supports healthy hair, skin, nails, joints and gut. It has 10 types of collagen from 4 sources. Comes unflavored for best results when using in smoothie.
- Bananas: Contain fiber and many beneficial nutrients, including potassium, vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. All great for the skin.
- Blueberries: They’re good sources of vitamin C and vitamin K as well as manganese. Blueberries are very high in antioxidants which is helpful in maintaining a healthy skin.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, and fiber. They are also full antioxidant properties as well.
- Strawberries: Are a good source of vitamin C which can help in combating cellular stress in the skin caused by radical changes.
- Water: Hydration helps in keeping your skin looking its best. Drinking water is beneficial to flushing your system of toxins. By adding water in my smoothies creates more hydration for the skin.
- Orange Juice: I love adding orange juice in my smoothies. It has vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin B as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium. Combining orange juice and the collagen powder is a perfect combo because vitamin C plays a pivotal roles in collagen growth for the skin.
I get so excited each time I learn something new about these amazing ingredients. The more we know on ways to keep our skin looking young and healthy the better our life will be moving forward. Thank you Ancient Nutrition for the wonderful projects you offer to keep us healthy.
For more info on products that are healthy for you such as the Multi Grain protein visit Ancient Nutrition. The Banana Berry Collagen Smoothie is a great way to start your day especially if you are looking for healthier options.
Tips On Making The Banana Berry Collagen Smoothie
When I create a recipe I always find tips that I like to pass along.
- I used orange juice mixed with water to reduce the natural sugar. Its totally up to you.
- I like to use the Unflavored Multi Collagen Protein powder simply because I didn’t want anything to interfere with the fruit flavors of the banana and berries.
- If you like to try another fruit besides the ones in this recipe you are welcome to do it. In fact Multi Collagen Protein comes in vanilla, strawberry lemonade, chocolate, cucumber lime and cold brew.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup od orange Juice
- 1 scoop of Multi Collagen Protein
- In a high power blender put in your fruit, water, and orange juice.
- Blend the ingredients on high until everything is mixed well.
- Add the multi collagen protein in the smotthie and blend again for a few seconds until everything is mixed well.
- Pour the smoothie in a large glass or your favorite sipping container.
- You can add subsitute any fruit you like.
- You can eliminate the orange juice and just use plain water. Instead of 1 cup of water use 1 1/2 cup of water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 118gFiber: 26gSugar: 68gProtein: 38g