Last Updated on December 2, 2020 by Maria Brittis
If you love your chocolate cookies fluffy and creamy, then you are in for a treat. Learn how to make fluffy chocolate chip cookies that are perfect for the holiday’s or anytime the year.
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies
My daughter and I have a thing for chocolate cookies. We are always looking for the best one. We have this basic chocolate chip recipe which most of the time the cookie comes flat. They taste good but nothing special. We did some research to see what we can do to improve the recipe. According to Betty Crocker Forum I was mixing the butter cold which was making the cookie hard to mix, which causes problem when baking.
I am super excited to share this recipe and all the tips I learned to make a fluffy Chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cold eggs
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fo white sugar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl mix the butter, all the sugars, eggs and vanilla, make sure it super creamy.
- Mix the flour mixture and the butter mixture until its blended well.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold and fold.
- Cover the cookie dough and store the cookie mixture into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Form a tall mound of 1 1/2 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Depending on your oven, bake for 10 minutes or less.
- Cool on wire rack
Make sure you don't over cook the cookies. The purpose is to create fluffy cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 2.8gSaturated Fat: 2.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 55 mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2.0gSugar: 10.8gProtein: 2.5g
Tips to Fluffy Chocolate Cookies:
After eating so many versions of the chocolate cookie. My daughter and I are am convinced this method is the best cookie recipe we have baked.
- By leaving the butter soften in room temperature it makes it so much easier to mix. In the past trying to mix cold butter was very difficult causing issues with the baking process.
2. Covering the cookie mixture and letting it chill in the refrigerator will make it easier to form balls that will stay put on the cookie sheet.
3. When the dough is chilled it makes forming the cookies so much easier. Make sure you pile it higher than a normal cookie recipe.
4. Create a tall mound. Put them at least 2 inches apart from each which will give them the chance to bake into a nice shape.
5. My daughter added M& M’s for extra flavor to some of the cookie dough. I am partial to the Chocolate chips.