Last Updated on December 25, 2020 by Maria Brittis
If you love coastal holiday decor, learn to make this driftwood Christmas tree craft that is perfect for any room.
DIY Driftwood Christmas Tree Craft
Living by the coast I can find many different sizes of driftwood lying around the ground. Whenever there are tropical storms there is always a bunch of new driftwood pieces that I pick for my collection. For example my driftwood chime I found the driftwood at the beach after a tropical storm.
Supplies you need:
- Different size driftwood pieces anywhere from 3 to 7 inches long. You can find them on Etsy or Amazon if you don’t have any around your community.
- An old frame without the glass that has solid backing.
- Your favorite acrylic paint color. I used Blue wash from DecoArt.
- A glue gun to attach the driftwood on the wood frame
How To Make a Driftwood Christmas Craft
This is a pretty easy project.
- Paint your wood frame base a pretty color that you feel would highlight the drift wood.
2. After the wood frame dries. Arrange your driftwood pieces from longest to shortest forming a Christmas tree. Make sure the tree is centered on the wood frame. You may have to cut some of the driftwood pieces in half to place on the very top of the tree and for the trunk of the tree.
3. Statt attaching the driftwood pieces to the wood frame with a glue gun. The glue dries very fast to the wood so work fast. If you feel it looks crooked you can pull it off and fix it.
That’s all it takes to make this cute driftwood Christmas tree craft.
More Tips and Ideas In making the Driftwood Christmas Tree Craft
When you are finding the right pieces make sure you use lighter driftwood pieces.The heavier ones I found didn’t glue as well as the lighter ones. Another ideas I had was to add some cute little beads like pearls or crystal beads. It creates little ornaments on the tree.
Hope you enjoyed my Driftwood Christmas Tree Craft.
You can pin this!
For More Driftwood Projects!
“Disclosure some of these links are affiliates which I make a small commission”