If you love pumpkin pie. Try this autumn leaf pumpkin pie recipe. Its filled with flavor and festive decorations.
I have a thing for pumpkin pie. I am always looking for ways to make it special. I have a basic pumpkin pie recipe which most of the time is good. I decided to do something different by adding autumn leaves made with the left over dough.
I am super excited to share this recipe and all the tips I learned to make autumn leaf pumpkin pie.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 can of pumpkin filling
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- Store bought pie crust
- Pie Pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degree
- Mix the evaporated milk and the pie filling.
- Add 2 egss to pie filling mixture.
- Add salt and pumpkin spice.
- Thaw out pie crust and roll into a ball.
- Roll out dough on parchmnont paper.
- Prepare pie pan with pie crust.
- Fill the pie pan with pumpkin filling..
- Bake at 350 degress for 45 minutes.
Take the leftover dough, press in molds Pop out.. Bake for 5 minutes at 300 degress until golden edges.
After the oumpkin pie has cooled add the autumn leaves.
Make sure you don't over bake the autumn leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 2.8gSaturated Fat: 2.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0.7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 55 mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2.0gSugar: 10.8gProtein: 2.5g
What Is Autumn Leaf Pumpkin Pie
Its taking plain pumpkin pie and adding decorative leaves made from dough on the edges of the pie and ontop in a pretty pattern.
Tips to Making Autumn Leaf Pumpkin Pie
The key is to bake the leaves first and place on the pie crust edge and on top pf the cooled pumpkin pie.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie
- I decided to buy store bought pie crust from the freezer department. Let it thaw out. Then take the dough and roll it into a ball. On parchment paper rolled it out and put it in a pie pan.
2. Prepare the traditional pumpkin pie filling. I used canned pumpkin pie filling. Follow the directions on the can or see recipe on this post.
3. Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
4. Pre-bake the oven at 425 degrees and reduce to 350 degrees. Cook for 45 minutes
How To Make The Autumn leaf
Start by getting some leaf molds which I found on Amazon. Press the leftover dough into the mold and snap out to form the cute leaves. I made all different sizes. Small ones for the edge of the pie crust and larger ones for the middle of pie.
For More Recipes Like This
Where to buy Autumn Leaf Pumpkin Pie Supplies