There are so many Easter egg decorating ideas out there. I thought it be cool to do something different and saw these beautiful Faberge eggs in a magazine. So decorating eggs with jewels sounds so pretty!
So for these jeweled eggs craft idea I had some pretty ribbons and some jewelry supplies I had from my jewelry making days.
- Hard-boil eggs (the key to perfect uncracked eggs is once they come to a boil, turn off the heat, let them sit for 15 minutes, remove them and place in cold water)
- Lacey ribbon of different colors and style of your choice
- Swarovski beads.
- Glue gun
PREPARE THE EGGS
- You will want the eggs cool, clean and white.
- You will need to apply the ribbon rather quickly because the glue dries fast and make sure you create a uniform pattern. Have a steady hand with glue gun. The key to this step is to cut strips of ribbon and apply them to a clean egg. If it helps, draw a design on the egg with a pencil. It dries fairly quickly. Place the piece of ribbon as accurately as possible.
ADDING THE JEWELS
- I have lots of Swavorsky crystals and pearls from my days of making jewelry. Carefully glue each of the crystals or pearls in distinct locations.
I have added some branches and pine cones for a rustic look. I tied little ribbons all over the branches placed them in the center of the dining table. The eggs are placed everywhere alongside the branch. Hope you like my jeweled Easter eggs.
Will you be making any Easter eggs this season, would love to hear about them. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! For more fun Easter posts. This one is at the beach!