How To Make Valentine tree with heart shaped leaves that will add charm to any room in your house.
When I was a child my sister and I would make these cute hearts with gum wrapper and hang them on the tree. I wish I remembered how to make them but then again I don’t chew gum any more. Since there is no gum wrappers craft paper is the next best thing.
Valentine Tree With Heart Shaped Leaves:
This Valentine tree has tons of little pink hearts in the shape of leaves that have a 3-dimensional look to them. The hearts took the most time to make, but the end results was worth it. I needed something colorful and cheery for my guest bedroom. This was the perfect Valentine’s accent.
Supplies For Tree With Heart Shaped Leaves:
- Branches (any branch will do, I found mine during my walks.)
- Scrapbook paper in pink
- White spray paint ( to paint he branches white)
- Pink and white twine
- White pitcher
- Heart puncher
How To Make Tree and Heart Shaped Leaves
- Take the branches and clip them at the same height.
- Double spray paint the branches.
- Let dry while you go make the hearts.
- Start by punching out the hearts from the scrapbook paper. (as many as you like)
- Cut a slit on the top of one heart as well as on the bottom of another heart.
- Tie the 5-inch string on the slit of the one heart that is on the bottom. (see the picture above.)
- Connect the two hearts together to form a 3-D heart.
When you are adding the branches to the vase insert them in foam. This will keep them secure. When you are adding the hearts, make sure you tie them to the branches all the same height. Add them everywhere. The fuller the tree the better it will appear. The hearts tend to get tangled when you move the tree, so untangle them after you find the perfect location to display.
I’m truly excited about the outcome. Will you be putting love in the air with this adorable Valentine heart tree DIY.
I was super excited to get the opportunity to have my valentine tree featured in J-14 Decorate. It’s a magazine for teens to inspire them to decorate. I think it’s a great concept. I was very honored that they contacted me. The magazine spread has some really cute crafts from making a rose heart bowlwhich is made by placing roses in little bowls. This would look great on a table. I love the sweet heart frame made from assorted sweetheart candies. Love the heart art canvas, be mine garland and heartfelt memories made with favorite photos in a heart shape. Valentine Day is one of those special occasions that motivates us to create fun and happy projects like these