How To Make The Best Lasagna Bolognese Recipe
I you love lasagna that melts in your mouth this is the recipe for you. Learn how to make the best lasagna bolognese recipe.
How To Make The Best Lasagna Bolognese Recipe
One of my most beloved recipes my family loves is my Lasagna Bolognese recipe. I was inspired by my Aunt Nancy who always made it for the Christmas holidays. Once I had my own family I had to make it so that my kids could experience the delicious melting favors. Every morsel of her lasagna melted in my mouth. It was so much lighter than the traditional lasagna that has mozzarella cheese and ricotta. The key to the delicate and melting flavors is that she used homemade noodles and béchamel sauce in between layers of the lasagne and topped at the very last layer.
Lasgana Bolognese is my favorite family recipe for the holidays. Its made with homemade pasta noodles. To give the light and delicate taste I use béchamel sauce and not the traditional ricotta or mozzella.
- Bolognese Sauce
- 1 pound of Pork
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- 3 oz of pancetta
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 14.5 oz. crushed tomato
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Béchamel Sauce
- 4 cups of milk
- 5 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of flour
1. Chop fine with food processor the carrots, onion and celery.
2. In a large pan heat oil. Add beef, pork, pancetta and vegetables with a wooden spoon until its all broken up. Make sure the meat is browned. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add wine to meat mixture and bring to boil for about 3 minutes. Add milk, bring to boil and simmer. Add tomaotes, 2 cups of broth, bring to boil and reduce to simmer. If sauce looks dry add 1/2 cup of broth if needed. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours until thicken.
4. Let the sauce cool and set aside for preparation of the lasagna. The sauce can be made two days ahead. If you feel that the sauce is to thick add the other 1/2 cup of broth.
1. Heat butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat until it bubbles. Add the the flour and whisk constantly Wish in warm milk. Bring the saunce to a boil and simmer whichsking each time. Add nutmeg and salt.
Preparing the Lasagna:
1. Preheat overn to 375 degrees. In a large glass baking dish( 13 by 9 inch) coat the buttom with butter.
2. Start by spreading the sauce on the bottom of the glass dish.
3. Layer the fresh pasta until the sauce is covered, add more sauce and bechemal sauce until pasta is covered. Top with fresh parmasean cheese.
4. Do 7 layers and top off with bechamel sauce and fresh parmesan cheese.
Bake for 60 minutes until bubbling. Set aside for 30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 20ggSaturated Fat: 10 ggTrans Fat: 0ggCholesterol: 70 mgmgSodium: 760mgCarbohydrates: 35 ggFiber: 3 ggSugar: 5 ggProtein: 24 gg
Ingredients And Tips For Making the Lasagna Bolognese
1 pound of pork
1 pound of ground beef
3 oz of pancetta
The key to this recipe are the three meats. This is what gives the sauces its rich taste and heartiness
1 large onion
1 medium carrot
1 celery stalk
Make sure the vegetables are chopped up as fine as possible. I used my food ninja and it made a big difference
1 cup of white wine
1 cup of whole milk
1 14.5 oz. crushed tomato
3 cups of chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Every ingredient has it purpose so make sure you read the instructions carefully. As for the 3 cups of broth, 2 cup are used when you are cooking the sauce. Later after its done, you can add more broth if you feel the sauce is too thick.
The light taste of this lasagna bolognese is from the béchamel sauce. We are not adding ricotta or mozzarella cheese like we do for tradition lasagna.
4 cups of milk
5 tablespoon of unsalted butter
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 cup of flour
Make sure you have a good whisk when doing the bechamal sauce. This will prevent any globs of flour forming. If you feel the sauce needs more flour you can add more to thicken.
How To Layer The Lasagna :
The key to the melting in your mouth feeling is from the homemade noodles. Learn low to make your own pasta noodles with my recipe. (How to make homemade pasta.)
Start by coating the bottom of the pan (13 inch by 9 inch ) with the bolognese sauce, add noodles, sauce bechamel sauce and fresh parmesan.
Repeat this process until you have 7 layers. Top the last layer with béchamel sauce and fresh parmesan. Bake for 60 minutes. Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting.
For More Recipes:
How To Make Marinara Basil Sauce
Pin This For Later:
I am interested in this recipe, sounds wonderful! However I am not sure about the pasta itself.
I looked at your pasta recipe, but still confused. My questions are, is one recipe of lasagna pasta the amount used for the bolognese, and is it cooked prior to assembling the lasagna or does it cook in the oven?
I made the lasagna noodles the day before. You have to wrap each noodle with wax paper. The bolognese sauce was made the same day I served it. I made it early in the morning. Hope that helps.