Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Maria Brittis
Use sustainable party favors at your next outdoor party. These DIY heart-shaped bird seed favors are great for the environment and can be hung on your trees.
HOw To Make Bird Seed Favors
If you are like me and love eco-friendly ideas, then you will love these bird seed favors. These are perfect for birthdays, weddings, or dinner parties. These are sweet, simple, and sustainable for the environment. The best part is that you can hang them on a tree. These favors are incredibly easy to make and they don’t cost a bundle to make..
Why Give Bird Seed Favors
- You can hang them on trees for birds to eat.
- They are eco- friendly. (good for the environment)
- Easy to make.
- The favors are budget friendly for any party.
- It’s a cute idea.
- 3 cups of any birdseed
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 envelope of gelatin
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- cookie cutter in the shape of a heart
- favor bags
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, water, gelatin, and corn syrup.
- Add the birdseed to mixture.
- Spray the sides of the cookie-cutter with non-stick spray and fill it with birdseed mixture
- Press firmly.
- Stick the chopstick in the mixture and create a hole.
- Slide off the cookie cutter and let dry overnight.
- After they have dried, cut 10 inches of jute for each heart.
- String the jute through the hole and tie once around.
- Place the heart into a pretty bag and tie a tag around it.