Painting laundry room cabinets is a task but here are 5 tips on painting laundry room cabinets week 2. I am on track to finish on time.
Painting the laundry cabinets. Here is a step by step tutorial on 5 tips on
- Find a clean location to paint the cabinets is not easy in a small space. So I had to choose two separate locations in the house to paint these cabinets. I choose the garage for the sanding and the kitchen to set up the horses to prop up the cabinets.
The trick is having enough space in the kitchen to lay all the cabinets doors to dry. With patient and a little luck it can be done.
2. There are many ways to paint cabinets. You can spray them or use foam cabinet rollers. Because I have limited space I choose the cabinet roller.
How much sanding is before painting the laundry room cabinets.
3. Sand the cabinets with a sanding sponge before you prime them. Basically, you are sanding the old paint lightly to take off any sheen. You don’t need to remove the paint to show wood.
How important is priming the cabinets?
4. Priming the cabinets will help take away the previous color and make it easier for the new color to take. I applied one coat of primer which is all I need since the prior color was a beige. If it were a darker color than most likely I would have needed two coats of primer.
Tip: Use paint brush around the little crevices and edges. and a foam cabinet roller on both sides of the cabinet.
Let’s talk about the actual painting of the new color.
5. Painting with the new color is probably the hardest part. You want to make sure that there are no brush marks after the paint dries. That is why I choose cabinet roller because it gives a flawless look.
After you painting the first coat, let it dry 24 hours and sand lightly before applying second coat.
Paint Tips to make it go smoothly
This part should be done before the second coat. Those little hard to reach areas where the brush doesn’t get into is important so when you are applying the paint make sure you use a clean brush to paint in the corners and edge first.
Hope you enjoyed these tips on painting the laundry room cabinets.
More $100 Room Challenges: Week 1: DIY Laundry Room Makeover