I love picnics during the summer months. Here is a DIY picnic blanket using a drop cloth that will keep your picnic affairs dry and stylish.
DIY Stenciled Picnic Blanket
My love for outdoors and music inspired me to create this decorative picnic blanket. Its perfect for all my outings and it can even be used on a table too. To create this blanket I used a canvas painting drop cloth. It can be used on all different surfaces likes the beach, or grass.
- Drop Cloth: I used a canvas drop cloth.
- Paint: I used yellow, but any color would be fun
- Stencil: You can use any decorative design stencil
- Foam Brush: I think foam brushes are alternative.
- Stencil Roller : I prefer to use a roller when I stencil.
- Painters Tape: Will hold the stencil in place.
How To Make Stencil Picnic Blanket
- Step 2:
- Roll out the drop cloth over a large table. (6ft by 9ft) Tape the stencil on cloth using painter’s tape. I used an old stencil from cutting edge stencil called Zamira Allover Stencil. Any large stencil design will do.
With a stencil roller dip it into the paint. Pat it on paper towel. Make sure before you roll it over the stencil it’s not dripping with paint. Very important it does not bleed into the stencil.
Let dry in between stenciling. Repeat this step until all the drop cloth is completely covered with the stencil design. Let dry for 24 hours before putting it outside.
You can decorate the large waterproof picnic blanket using large pillows, melamine plates, and green plants or flowers to create a pretty picnic party.
For Similar Posts:
Pin This For Later
This post contains some affiliate links.