If you want to add some coastal charm to your home. Stencil leaves on pillow covers. You will love this DIY stencil pillow cover tutorial.
Diy Stencil Pillow Cover
When I’m changing up the decor of the front porch, I always like to have a touch of nature. I decided to stencil several pillow covers with tropical leaves. I loved the big colorful leaf design of the pillow. I choose green and blue. You can choose any color you want to paint the leaf. The pops of color looked great with an all-white background.
This pillow is also displayed here (Curb Appeal). Its a great pillow that I can use throughout my home.
What is stenciling
If this is the first time you have stencil anything, then this is a good project. Stenciling is the method of applying a design onto a surface by sponging, spraying, rolling, brushing, or dabbing paint through a cutout overlay placed on a surface. Stencils can be used over and over again.
Why You Will Love Stenciling
- Its an easy way to paint on a design on a surface.
- Add pops of color to a specific space in your home.
- You can stencil on walls and furniture.
- Inspires creativity.
DIY Stencil Pillow Cover Supplies
How To Stencil The Pillow Cover
- You can use a cardboard. Insert the pillow cover into a card board about the same size. Place the stencil over the pillow cover you can tape the edges so it doesn’t move with tape that is used for painting.
2. Shake the paint jar and pour fabric paint into the tray. Load the mini roller over the paint lightly and make sure the paint is even on the roller.
3. Press lightly onto the stencil. Too much pressure can cause bleeding!
4. For edges that are not covered, use a small paintbrush to fill those parts that are not covered by the paint. Wait until the pillow cover has dried completely before taking the stencil off.
5. Heat set the pillow cover before putting the pillow form into the cover. I placed cotton fabric over the stencil and ironed over it carefully over the stencil.