Here are some easy outdoor porch decorations for summer with just a fresh coat of paint, recycled items and some flowers.
When I re-decorate a space I try to think of the easy, affordable and stylish ideas. For my outdoor space I analyzed the situation and found that all I needed was a fresh coat of paint for my table, my collection jars and pretty flowers. I wanted a botanical vibe. Botanical decor has a fresh, vibrant and soothing quality that makes the space so appealing.
Supplies: Outdoor Porch Decorations
- Paint: Needed primer and white semi gloss paint: Since I paint I used what I had at home. But a combination paint with primer does save time.
- Brushes: I used a wide and smaller brushes.
- Empty mason jars: Since I love to recycle I had plenty of mason jars.
- Flowers: I saved all the purple statice from my flowers bouquets.
Painting: Outdoor Porch Decoration
The table in my porch will be the focus. So by changing the color to white will make it stand out.
- Sand the table. I used fine grit sand paper until every part of the table is done!
- Spray primer all over the table. Let dry for a few hours.
- Sand again the entire table. Wipe off the wood dust!
- With a brush I painted the table with semi gloss paint.
Jars & Flowers
I have been collecting mason jars of all different sizes. You can use empty jars as well. I love that shabby chic vibe it gives when you fill them with flowers.
Place a combination of greens and the purple statice inside the jars. Just a few to give that botanical feel. Plants and dried flowers is what makes the botanical decor, so whatever you have use it. I love drying my arrangements and that is something else you can do.
Why You Will Love Outdoor Porch Decorations For Summer
- Easy way to re-decorate.
- It’s affordable.
- You can use recycle items you collect.
- You can change out the flowers weekly.
Today I am join in The Sustainable Craft Challenge. Stop and visit these creative projects. Thanks to Julie for organizing this challenge.
Julie /Sum of their Stories
Mel /Decor Craft Design
Gail /Purple Hues and Me
T’onna /Sew Crafty Crochet
Niki /Life as a LEO Wife
Pin This For Later