My pine cone napkin rings is super easy to make and your holiday table will look naturally beautiful. This is a rustic napkin ring made from wooden rings, pine cones and acorns.
I am excited to be part of the Thrifty Style Team, It’s a group of talented home decor blogger who post every month something affordable for the home. This month we are posting something related to Thanksgiving. I would like to thanks everyone on the Thrifty Style team who made this an easy transition for me. Big thanks to Julie Redhead Can Decorate who organizes this great event each month.
I love nature related crafts and I wanted something rustic for this year’s Thanksgiving table. I have hundreds of pine cones in my back yard which makes this an easy and affordable Thanksgiving craft idea.
Here is another pine cone holiday accent for your holiday table.Easy Pine Cone Table Decorations.
How To Prepare Pine cones For Crafting.
If you are using pine cones near food. You really need to get them cleaned and free of any debris or bugs.
The way I prepare them is soaking them in water and vinegar. I let them dry out for 24 hours or if you like to dry them fast you can bake them in the oven. The only thing about baking them sometimes the smaller pine cones open up and become large. In this craft I want them relatively small.
Why You Will Love My
Pine cone Napkin Rings
- It is easy to make.
- It gives your table look rustic look
- Pine cones are great for the holidays.
- Pine cones are free.
- A great gift idea for the holidays.
Supplies To Make A Pine cone Napkin Rings
- Small Pine cones: I used the 6 small pine cones
- Acorns : Added this next to the pine cone.
- Wooden ring: You can find these any craft place. These are left over from previous projects.
- Jute String: Wrap around the pine cone and acorn multiple times.
- Floral Wire: Use to connect wire with the acorn.
- Gorilla Glue sticks: Is very strong glue to attach the pinecone.
- Take a a piece of floral wire and wrap around the acorn
- Wrap it around the wooden ring.
- Cut a 12 inch jute string around the wire and ring multiple times until wire is covered,
- With the monster glue attach the pine cone onto the string section.
Now you are ready to decorate you Thanksgiving table with these rustic pine cone napkin rings. I started with no tablecloth on my rustic wood table. I placed pine tree clipping with berries on the center of the table. For China I used my white bone china. Blue and white napkins directly from India. My daughter fiancé is from India and when they went during the summer they brought me back these pretty blue and white ink block linens.
I complement the napkins with the pine cone napkin ring. I scattered some wonderful smelling candles everywhere.
Thanks for stopping by. For more enjoyment check out everyone’s beautiful Thanksgiving decor and recipe ideas.
Redhead Can Decorate –How to Create I Miss My Mom Tablescape
Our Crafty Mom –Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Idea
I Should Be Mopping the Floor –Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
The How to Home-Fresh Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoess
DIY Beautify –Pleated DIY Paper Table Runner for Thanksgiving
2 Bees in a Pod –Olive Thanksgiving Tablescape
The Tattered Pew –Free Thanksgiving Place Cards
Cottage on Bunker Hill –Make Ahead Holiday Breakfast Baked Goods
Amy Sadler Designs –Heirloom Pumpkin Kitchen Dish Towel
Simple Nature Decor –Pine Cone Napkin Ring for Rustic Thanksgiving Tablescape
Zucchini Sisters – Thanksgiving Door Hanger Dollar Tree DIY