If you are like me and love eco-friendly ideas, then you will love these bird seed heart favors. These are perfect for birthdays, weddings or dinner party. These are sweet, simple and sustainable for the environment. The best part is that you can hang them on a tree. These favors are incredible easy to make and they don’t cost a bundle to make..
Here’s the DIY:
Bird Seed Heart Favors
- 3 cups of any bird seed
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 envelope of gelatin
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- cookie cutter in shape of heart
- favor bags
- birthday stamp
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, water, gelatin and corn syrup.
- Add the bird seed to mixture.
- Spray the sides of cookie cutter with non-stick spray and fill it with bird seed mixture
- Press firmly.
- Stick the chopstick in the mixture and create a hole.
- Slide off the cookie cutter and let dry over night.
7. After they have dried, cut 10 inches of jute for each heart.
8. String the jute through the hole and tie once around.
9. Place the heart into pretty bag and tie a tag around it.
Since this is a birthday party, I used a “Happy Birthday” stamp.
I am super excited to see how many birds will be checking out these favors. Hopefully I can catch them in action!
Stop by check more fabulous ideas for any birthday party from these talented bloggers!
House Handmade – Salsa and Margarita’s Invitation