Last Updated on December 20, 2022 by Maria Brittis
The holiday season is coming and I wanted something special for my dining room table. Here is a DIY Scented Christmas Garland that can be used anywhere in the home as well.
What Is Scented Christmas Garland
A scented Christmas garland is a decoration that fills a space of beautiful greenery such as natural elements like firs, pines and spruces. Tied into the greenery you can add cinnamon, oils, scented candles, berries, pine cones, oranges or apples to give it a sweet smell.
Sometimes depending where you live it may be hard to find these natural greenery so you can use artificial greenery decorations. You can still add fragances to artificial greenery to make them smell.
Where to add a scented Christmas Garland
Scented garlands can be placed inside or outside your home. To make your home look and smell great you can add them to doorways, columns, dining room tables, mantels, front doors, almost anywhere in or outside your home.
What kinds of fragrances are the Best to use for Scented Garland.
- Fresh pine clipping: Using the fresh pine clipping gives the feelings of being outside.
- Cinnamon sticks: Smells like your are baking something with cinnamon.
- Dried oranges slices: Here is a tutorial on how to make these.
- Pine cones: Free and have a great smell of pine.
- Fragrance sprays: for artificial greenery.
- Oils diffusers. You can place these in the middle of your table and are safer than using candles.
- Apples: I love the smell of apples on the table.
- Scented candles: Is another option but make sure the candles is in the glass container and make sure it’s only used under supervision.
Supplies I used For Scented Christmas Garland
How To Create The Scented Garland
I added a bunch of pine clippings in the center of the dining room table.
I placed pinecones and red berries everywhere over the pine clippings.
Next I placed the scented candles. When you are using candles with natural element from nature make sure you light candles in a supervised setting. I just light them when we are eating and don’t have them lit any other time.
I truly love the way the scented Christmas garland turned out. It is perfect for the holiday season.