When I’m changing up the decor of the front porch, I always like it to have a touch of nature. I decided to try out Paint a Pillow, a DIY pillow stencil company, and I went with the Bermuda breeze design. I loved the big colorful leaf design of the pillow. I added some fuchsia crepe myrtle flowers in a vase to compliment. You can choose any color you want to paint the leaf. The pops of color looked great with an all-white background. This pillow is also displayed here (Curb Appeal). It a great pillow that I can use throughout my home.
Check out the full tutorial:
The Paint a Pillow kit comes with everything you will need. Again, the design I chose was the Bermuda Breeze. There are so many different kinds of designs to choose from.
- paint jar
- small brushes
- mini roller
- pillow form
- Your paint a pillow kit comes to you pre-assembled and ready to use.
- Shake the paint jar and pour fabric paint into the tray. Load the mini roller over the paint lightly and make sure the paint is evenly on the roller.
- Press lightly onto the stencil. Too much pressure can cause bleeding!
- For edges that are not covered, use a small paintbrush to fill those parts that are not covered by the paint. Wait until pillow cover has dried completely before taking the stencil off. You can reuse the stencil kit for other pillow covers.
- Heat set the pillow cover before putting the pillow form into the cover. I placed cotton fabric over the stencil and ironed over it carefully over the stencil. (directions are in the kit)
Voila! I would love to see your pillow if you make one!