I am a romantic at heart. So I was surprised when my husband surprised me with a romantic getaway to Beaufort SC. Normally its the other way around. If you are looking in what to do in Beaufort SC, there are many fun things. We stayed at the Anchorage Inn. The rooms are grand with original wood work. What I love about this Inn is that the bathrooms and linens are luxurious. We slept like babies. So here are 10 romantic things to do in historic Beaufort SC
1. Book a Charming Inn.
We were greeted in our rooms with a glass of champagne, which was a nice treat. This is not our first time in Beaufort the funny thing is we are moving here. Since my husband planned this trip it just felt like my first time because everything was planned so nicely.
2. Early on in your trip, take a walk around Beaufort otherwise you may be tired later on. Walk along the historic home section on Craven Street, there are so many beautiful homes with swoon-worthy architectural features. (Don’t forget to hold hands)
3. Stop by the Market Street Cafe to get a Latte and relax with the locals.
4. After that latte head toward waterfront park along the Port Royal Sound for some cool breezes and beautiful water views.
5. Stop at Yo Yo Ice cream at the waterfront park, they have a great selection of frozen yogurt. (We took our yogurt and sat on the benches along the pier)
6. Do some shopping. There are some really unique and artsy shops.
7. If you are staying at a Bed & Breakfast go explore the historical aspects of the Inn. Most of these hotel have lots of history.
8. Make reservation at the restaurant at your charming Inn. Its no better way to get that cozy romantic feel for dinner.
9. Enjoy a cocktail at the local pubs (Bull Tavern is a popular one)
10. On your last day book a carriage ride. Its a great way to end the weekend.
For more fun trips check out the options at Great Value Vacations and another charming town Habersham SC.
Some affiliate links are used!