If you love decorating with books. Then you will love this post on how to make book bundles for home decor accents.
Book Bundles Ideas
I fell in love with book bundles years ago when Restoration Hardware styled uncovered books on tables and inside their armoires. If you love the ideas of decorating with books then this is the perfect DIY for you. I could not afford the ones RH was selling. That’s when I decided to make my own. I made three versions using paperback books, and old books.
- Paperback books
- Hemp or twine
- Wrapping paper
How To Make Book Bundle
Version 1: Paperback Bundles
1: Take off the front and back cover of 3 or 4 paperbacks.
2. Tie a long piece of string around the books. You can create a bow or just let the string hang. Display the book bundles in a hutch or on your shelving.
Version 2: Cover books With Wrapping Paper!
For larger book bundles instead of taking off the covers I wrap them like you would your school books. You can use wrapping paper primarily in whites and beiges to blend with your decor.
1. Pick out the 3 or 4 books you want to wrap.
2. Measure the paper with the books. Allow 2 inches on each side to fold into the books.
3. Tape the edges so the paper stays put.
Version 3 Paint
Here you can paint the cover of the books or paint over the wrapping paper to create bundles in a leather feel.
Painting Book Bundles
- With a paintbrush, I painted two coats of paint to create a leathery look. Make sure you wait 10 minutes in between coats. Once it dries instead of tieing them with string. I lay them on top of each other.