If you love decorating with books. Then you will love this post on how to make book bundles for home decor accents.
I fell in love with book bundles years ago when Restoration Hardware styled uncovered books on tables and inside the armoire. If you love the ideas of decorating with books that look like the ones from RestorationHardware then this is the perfect DIY for you. I could not afford the ones RH was selling. That’s when I decided to make my own.
To create book bundles from discarded books I used mostly paperback books. The paperbacks I had have been stored in a box for years and will never see the light of day. So I felt good that I can give them a second chance.
There are different ways to make book bundles.
Hemp or twine
Version 1: Paperback bundles
1: Take off the front and back cover of 3 or 4 paperbacks.
2. Tie a long piece of string around the books. You can create a bow or just let the string hang.
Version 2: Cover books with wrapping paper!
For larger books instead of taking off the covers because they tend to be harder I wrap them like you would your school books. You can use wrapping paper primarily in white and beiges.
Medium or large books
Scotch tape or glue
1. Pick out the 3 or 4 books you want to wrap.
2. Measure the paper with the books. Allow 2 inches on each side to fold into the books.
3. Tape the edges so the paper stays put.
Paint the books.
Here you can paint the cover of the books or paint over the wrapping paper to create a leathery look.
- With a paintbrush, I painted two coats of paint to create a leathery look. Make sure you wait 10 minutes in between coats. Once it dries instead of tieing them with string. I lay them on top of each other.
For similar posts.