Painted Pinecone Perfect For all Seasons
I love my pinecones. My mom used to collect them and make these gorgeous pine cone wreaths for the holidays. She had them everywhere in our home.
I have followed the tradition and I have them everywhere in my home. Lately, I have been searching for different ways to decorate with them. You can do so much with them. Want to create painted pinecone ideas perfect for all seasons.
I’m lucky that I have so many pine trees around my house, but if pinecones aren’t in your area, go to your local craft store.
The plan is to paint them three different pastels colors pink, green and blue.
What to Do:
1. Use five or six different sizes, not too big so that you can dip them in the paint.
2. Buy paint that has the primer mixed in. It will save you a step, so you don’t have to spray them first with primer.
3. Dip the pinecone into the paint using either a pair of kitchen prongs or tie a very thin floral wire around the pine cone and keep a long piece to pull it out of the paint. Let drip for a few minutes.
4. Once it stops dripping put it into a big cup, take a small artist brush, paint the body in areas that have not quite been covered. Keep it in the cup and place in a cool spot to dry.
5. Once it has dried clip off the wire. I’m a little messy.
I was so excited to see the final product! TIP: Make sure you let the pinecones drip much of the paint into the cup, otherwise you can get patches of thick semi-dry paint. I learned that the hard way!
Painted Pinecones Branches
Another fun painted pinecone ideas are fallen branches that have pinecones on them and spray paint them white for a natural table setting.
I hope you liked my painted pinecone ideas perfect for all seasons.
More DIY pine cone ideas. Simple Pinecone Wreath
For more pine cone ideas see Sustain My Craft Habit pretty painted pine cone flowers.