Last Updated on March 10, 2022 by Maria Brittis
Are you looking for nature-inspired ideas to bring inside your home? Do you love beautiful greenery? Moss covered decor ideas is an ideal option to do this. Its green color will brighten your space, especially for the Spring.
That’s why I am a huge fan of green moss. When I was at the local flower shop I saw sheets of moss and some cute craft ideas they had displayed on their table using the moss. I purchased some sheets to cover some of my old boxes and foam balls. I wanted something green for my outdoor table and this would be great.
Live or preserved moss?
When choosing whether to use live or preserved moss both are options. The preserved moss is not alive. It looks exactly like the real stuff. The live moss is very easy to grow. You will need hours of sunlight and light misting.
- Green Moss
- Glue Gun
- Foam Balls
- Old Box
- Glue Stick
- Take the top of the box and place on the sheet of moss. With a magic marker outline the top a few inches bigger and cut it out with the scissors
- With your glue gun cover all the moss with the glue stick. Press top and sides of moss onto the cardboard top until it’s completely covered.
- Trim away any excess moss.
- With leftover moss, I covered the styrofoam balls very easily with the glue gun.
- Any spots needed more I added pieces of the moss and it blended well around the ball.
The tablescape looks stunning with the moss boxes and balls, creating a centerpiece that is a charming approach rather than using cut flowers. You can use these moss sheets on different items such as birdhouses, wreaths or even easter eggs. I am pretty happy with my moss covered boxes and balls. It goes perfect on the table in my porch space.
Today also starts the March Upcycle Sharing Challenge. I am excited to participate in this months challenge. This month Dixie Belle Paint Company is our sponsor for the challenge. They have great paints for upcycling projects. Check out everyone’s projects. I am sure you will be amazed at how creative all the projects are. If you want to join in for a chance to win Dixie Belle paint products link something green that you created or upcycled.